Announcing Istio 1.1.8
We’re pleased to announce the availability of Istio 1.1.8. Please see below for what’s changed.
BEFORE YOU UPGRADE
Things to know and prepare before upgrading.
Download and install this release.
Visit the documentation for this release.
Inspect the full set of source code changes.
PASSTHROUGH DestinationRulesfor CDS clusters (Issue 13744).
- Make the
versionfields in the Helm charts display the correct Istio version (Issue 14290).
- Fix Mixer crash affecting both policy and telemetry servers (Issue 14235).
- Fix multicluster issue where two pods in different clusters could not share the same IP address (Issue 14066).
- Fix issue where Citadel could generate a new root CA if it cannot contact the Kubernetes API server, causing mutual TLS verification to incorrectly fail (Issue 14512).
- Improve Pilot validation to reject different
VirtualServiceswith the same domain since Envoy will not accept them (Issue 13267).
- Fix locality load balancing issue where only one replica in a locality would receive traffic (13994).
- Fix issue where Pilot Agent might not notice a TLS certificate rotation (Issue 14539).
- Fix a
LuaJITpanic in Envoy (Envoy Issue 6994).
- Fix a race condition where Envoy might reuse a HTTP/1.1 connection after the downstream peer had already closed the TCP connection, causing 503 errors and retries (Issue 14037).
- Fix a tracing issue in Mixer’s Zipkin adapter causing missing spans (Issue 13391).
- Reduce Pilot log spam by logging the
the endpoints within network ... will be ignored for no network configuredmessage at
- Make it easier to rollback by making pilot-agent ignore unknown flags.
- Update Citadel’s default root CA certificate TTL from 1 year to 10 years.