Learn Microservices using Kubernetes and Istio
This modular tutorial provides new users with hands-on experience using Istio for common microservices scenarios, one step at a time.
- Setup a Kubernetes Cluster
- Setup a Local Computer
- Run a Microservice Locally
- Run ratings in Docker
- Run Bookinfo with Kubernetes
- Test in production
- Add a new version of reviews
- Enable Istio on productpage
- Enable Istio on all the microservices
- Configure Istio Ingress Gateway
- Logging with Istio
- Enable mutual TLS Authentication with Istio
It is intended for self-guided users or instructors who train others. It begins with the steps to set up a cluster to control an example microservice running on a local computer, and culminates into demonstrating several crucial microservice management tasks using Istio.
For the best experience, follow the modules in the order provided.