This release includes several bug fixes and improvements to robustness. This release note describes what’s different between Istio 1.1.5 and Istio 1.1.6.
- Fix Galley Helm charts so that the
validatingwebhookconfigurationobject can now deployed to a namespace other than
- Additional Helm chart fixes for anti-affinity support: fix
podAntiAffinityLabelSelectormatch expressions and fix the default value for
- Make Pilot handle a condition where Envoy continues to request routes for a deleted gateway while listeners are still draining (Issue 13739).
- If access logs are enabled,
passthroughlistener requests will be logged.
- Make Pilot tolerate unknown JSON fields to make it easier to rollback to older versions during upgrade.
- Add support for fallback secrets to
SDSwhich Envoy can use instead of waiting indefinitely for late or non-existent secrets during startup (Issue 13853).